Langsung ke konten utama

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now Constructing a reading nook doesn’t have to be hard. Sometimes all you need is lots of pillows and a little unused space. Reading nooks are also a great way to use dead, unused, or awkward space within a home. Nooks can help maximize living space and provide additional seating, along with providing a personal sanctuary. With these four easy DIY reading nook projects, it won’t be long before you find yourself dreaming of getting lost in a good book. 1. Make Use of Dead Space with a Corner Bench Do you have a dead corner in your house that’s just…there? A great remedy for that empty space is a corner bench. Creating an L-shaped bench will maximize your space. Not only will it provide additional seating, but it can also become storage. Create this bench with bookshelves, cushions, and pillows for the ultimate reading nook space. When the bookshelves are placed together, you can then determine what size cushion you will need to go on ...

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas 

Make a fun project for summer! This DIY letter beach craft would look perfect on your mantel - and it's very easy to assemble with Mod Podge.



Supplies:
  • Paper mache letters spelling “BEACH”
  • Mod Podge Satin
  • Scrapbook paper or printed paper
  • Acrylic paint in cream
  • Bag of seashells
  • Hot glue gun
  • Paintbrush
  • Pencil
  • Scissors
  • Craft knife and mat
  • Brayer (optional)

Step One

I found a cool paper pattern online and printed five sheets for “BEACH.” Place each letter face down on the back of the paper (not on the patterned side) and trace with a pencil. Any themed scrapbook paper works as well.

Step Two

Cut out each letter with the scissors – trimming out any small areas with the craft knife and mat. Set your paper cutouts aside.

Step Three

 Paint each letter with several coats of acrylic paint. Use a light color such as a cream or a white (whatever light color coordinates with your paper pattern). Let dry.

Step Four

 Working one letter at a time, paint a medium layer of Mod Podge on the top of the letter. Make sure to coat the whole thing.

Step Five

 Place your paper cutout down on the top of the letter and start smoothing immediately, being sure to get all of the bubbles out of the paper.

Step Six

 You can use your fingers, but I really love using a brayer to help me smooth! I’ll let you decide.

Step Seven

 Repeat with the remaining letters – applying all of the papers on top and letting dry for 15 – 20 minutes.

Step Eight

 To finish your letters, coat all of them with several coats of Mod Podge and let dry.

Step Nine

 Finish the project by choosing various seashells and randomly placing them on the letters. Hot glue them down.

Make a fun project for summer! This DIY letter beach craft would look perfect on your mantel - and it's very easy to assemble with Mod Podge.
Source from here

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol DIY Hand Sanitizer Supplies 100%  Aloe Vera Gel   Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca oil)    Plant Therapy Brand   $7  10ml  (use approx. 8 to 10 drops per 8 oz )   Doterra Brand  15ml  $20 (use approx. 1-3 drops per 8 oz ) Distilled Water Plastic container of choice Printable labels below & wide clear packing tape (optional) Ingredient Option Details Aloe Vera Gel:  The Aloe Vera plant is wonderful for using in hand sanitizer because of its powerful antioxidant and antibacterial benefits. Plus it’s great for the skin and is also widely used or healing burns. This will make your sanitizer thick but it’s optional. Tea Tree Oil:  Also known as melaleuca oil, this is one of the most powerful and safe antibacterials available. (Natural or otherwise.) There are other oils that have the same property but I  always  use tea tree. Why? Because it will heal MRSA and did so ...

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND MATERIALS NEEDED: macrame yarn (I use this one  HERE  and  HERE ) sharp scissors (I like using haircutting scissors) wood beads (I used these  HERE  and some slightly larger ones I had, I lied alternating slightly different sizes) hair comb (if you want to brush out the edges again) INSTRUCTIONS: I made another video which you can see below and you can also follow my step-by-step instructions as described with the photos:   For my garland, I used 23 wooden beads threaded on a 10-foot piece of macrame cord. I wanted it to belong so I could possibly use it on a Christmas tree shortly. For my length of garland, you need to knot 22 small pieces of macrame altogether. And when you make one piece of macrame in-between the above wood beads you need to cut 6 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn which you then have to repeat 22 times or however long you want your garland. I had to cut 132 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn strings. Does that make ...