Langsung ke konten utama

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now Constructing a reading nook doesn’t have to be hard. Sometimes all you need is lots of pillows and a little unused space. Reading nooks are also a great way to use dead, unused, or awkward space within a home. Nooks can help maximize living space and provide additional seating, along with providing a personal sanctuary. With these four easy DIY reading nook projects, it won’t be long before you find yourself dreaming of getting lost in a good book. 1. Make Use of Dead Space with a Corner Bench Do you have a dead corner in your house that’s just…there? A great remedy for that empty space is a corner bench. Creating an L-shaped bench will maximize your space. Not only will it provide additional seating, but it can also become storage. Create this bench with bookshelves, cushions, and pillows for the ultimate reading nook space. When the bookshelves are placed together, you can then determine what size cushion you will need to go on ...

DIY Wood Block Calendar

How to Make a Wood Block Calendar From Dollar Tree Blocks


Upcycled Dollar Tree Blocks turned desktop calendar


SUPPLIES

TUTORIALS : 

I used PicMonkey to create letters in the font and size I wanted then cut them out using my paper cutter.   You can find the printable HERE if you want to make your own letter blocks.
Alphabet printable letters for Dollar tree desktop calendar

Cutting letter for wood blocks
After I had all my letters cut out (I printed two sheets of A-S and one of T-?) I added them to my blocks using Mod Podge.  Pay careful attention of which letters you place on which blocks, especially if you plan to use them as a calendar.
Gluing letters to painted wood blocks
I didn't take a picture of this next step, but after my letters were dry I lightly distressed them then added a coat of matte Mod Podge over each one to protect the paper.  

You can stop here or you can make a super easy ledge to display your blocks.  You'll need a small square dowel and 1/2" x 1" piece of wood cut down to 12 inches.  
wood supplies for display ledge
I applied glue to the dowel then added it to the top of my larger piece of wood.  Once everything was dry I added a coat of espresso stain. 
building display ledge

Staining display ledge
I had a few buttons leftover from a previous project and decided they would make perfect feet.  I covered them in Rub 'n Buff then glued them to the bottom of the wood.
Adding rub 'n buff to wood buttons

Updated Dollar Tree block and Display Ledge
You can make your ledge shorter, but I figured if I spelt out a word using all eight blocks I would want the extra space :)
Dollar tree alphabet blocks turned desktop calendar
 You can also use these cute little farmhouse letters and wood display ledge for a date calendar.
 Dollar Tree wood blocks turned desktop calendar

Upcycled Dollar Tree Blocks and DIY Display Ledge

Dollar Tree blocks and DIY display ledge

Dollar Tree letter blocks and display ledge
Easy enough, right?  Sometimes it's nice to do a mindless craft and updating these little Dollar Tree wood blocks was exactly that.
Source from here

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol DIY Hand Sanitizer Supplies 100%  Aloe Vera Gel   Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca oil)    Plant Therapy Brand   $7  10ml  (use approx. 8 to 10 drops per 8 oz )   Doterra Brand  15ml  $20 (use approx. 1-3 drops per 8 oz ) Distilled Water Plastic container of choice Printable labels below & wide clear packing tape (optional) Ingredient Option Details Aloe Vera Gel:  The Aloe Vera plant is wonderful for using in hand sanitizer because of its powerful antioxidant and antibacterial benefits. Plus it’s great for the skin and is also widely used or healing burns. This will make your sanitizer thick but it’s optional. Tea Tree Oil:  Also known as melaleuca oil, this is one of the most powerful and safe antibacterials available. (Natural or otherwise.) There are other oils that have the same property but I  always  use tea tree. Why? Because it will heal MRSA and did so ...

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND MATERIALS NEEDED: macrame yarn (I use this one  HERE  and  HERE ) sharp scissors (I like using haircutting scissors) wood beads (I used these  HERE  and some slightly larger ones I had, I lied alternating slightly different sizes) hair comb (if you want to brush out the edges again) INSTRUCTIONS: I made another video which you can see below and you can also follow my step-by-step instructions as described with the photos:   For my garland, I used 23 wooden beads threaded on a 10-foot piece of macrame cord. I wanted it to belong so I could possibly use it on a Christmas tree shortly. For my length of garland, you need to knot 22 small pieces of macrame altogether. And when you make one piece of macrame in-between the above wood beads you need to cut 6 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn which you then have to repeat 22 times or however long you want your garland. I had to cut 132 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn strings. Does that make ...

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas  Supplies: Paper mache letters spelling “BEACH” Mod Podge Satin Scrapbook paper or printed paper Acrylic paint  in cream Bag of seashells Hot glue gun Paintbrush Pencil Scissors Craft knife  and mat Brayer (optional) Tutorial : I found a cool paper pattern online and printed five sheets for “BEACH.” Place each letter face down on the back of the paper (not on the patterned side) and trace with a pencil. Any themed scrapbook paper works as well. Cut out each letter with the scissors – trimming out any small areas with the  craft knife  and mat. Set your paper cutouts aside.  Paint each letter with several coats of  acrylic paint . Use a light color such as a cream or a white (whatever light color coordinates with your paper pattern). Let dry.  Working one letter at a time, paint a medium layer of  Mod Podge  on the top of the letter. Make sure to coat the whole thing.  Place your paper c...