Langsung ke konten utama

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now Constructing a reading nook doesn’t have to be hard. Sometimes all you need is lots of pillows and a little unused space. Reading nooks are also a great way to use dead, unused, or awkward space within a home. Nooks can help maximize living space and provide additional seating, along with providing a personal sanctuary. With these four easy DIY reading nook projects, it won’t be long before you find yourself dreaming of getting lost in a good book. 1. Make Use of Dead Space with a Corner Bench Do you have a dead corner in your house that’s just…there? A great remedy for that empty space is a corner bench. Creating an L-shaped bench will maximize your space. Not only will it provide additional seating, but it can also become storage. Create this bench with bookshelves, cushions, and pillows for the ultimate reading nook space. When the bookshelves are placed together, you can then determine what size cushion you will need to go on ...

DIY YARN CHANDELIER TUTORIAL

DIY YARN CHANDELIER TUTORIAL

whimsical wonderland dessert table with forest creatures


MATERIALS:
– Yarn
– School Glue
– Corn Starch
– Vaseline
– Dowel rod/pole for hanging
– Scissors
– Balloons
– Bowl for Mixing

*****

Step by Step INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Blow up Balloons:
I wanted various sized yarn chandeliers so I chose to incorporate a large punching balloon as my main focal point and added standard balloons for the surrounding areas.  I only blew the standard balloons to approximately half capacity to keep as true of a circular shape as possible.

balloons and yarn

2. Assemble work space:
Place a long pole or dowel rod between two chairs to create a DIY ‘drying station’.  I highly recommend placing a plastic trash bag or disposable plastic tablecloth underneath where you will hang the balloons.  I initially began this project outdoors, however wind became a factor and I was forced to relocate (not easy).

3. Attach balloons to rod:
Tie yarn around the stem of the balloon and hang from the dowel rod.  Be sure that the balloon is suspended and not touching the surrounding balloons.

balloons on a rod

4. Petroleum Jelly:
Cover each balloon in a light coating of petroleum jelly.  This ensures that the yarn will not stick to the balloon once it is dried and popped.

5. Mixing & Dipping:
Mix the school glue (about half of the bottle) with approx. 1/2 cup of cornstarch and approx. 1/4 cup of water.  I estimated these amounts and added more cornstarch and glue when desiring a thicker paste consistency.

Dip the yarn into the glue mixture, squeeze out excess, and begin wrapping around the balloon vertically and then switch to horizontally.  Once you have covered a good part of your balloon, cut the yarn and tie to a surrounding piece.  I chose to do this near the stem of the balloon so it would not be as obvious when hanging.

6. Drying/Popping:
Allow yarn chandeliers to hang for 24 hours in a dry, covered area.  Do not attempt to shorten this process!

Next, pop the balloon (this is where I held my breath in anticipation).  The yarn will also have dried glue crystals however they easily flake off when tapped.

DIY Yarn Ball Chandelier Tutorial

Now your yarn chandeliers are ready to hang! I used mine for my Whimsical Winter Wonderland photo shoot and then hung them in my children’s playroom for a fun pop of color!

whimsical wonderland dessert table with forest creatures

Source from here


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol DIY Hand Sanitizer Supplies 100%  Aloe Vera Gel   Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca oil)    Plant Therapy Brand   $7  10ml  (use approx. 8 to 10 drops per 8 oz )   Doterra Brand  15ml  $20 (use approx. 1-3 drops per 8 oz ) Distilled Water Plastic container of choice Printable labels below & wide clear packing tape (optional) Ingredient Option Details Aloe Vera Gel:  The Aloe Vera plant is wonderful for using in hand sanitizer because of its powerful antioxidant and antibacterial benefits. Plus it’s great for the skin and is also widely used or healing burns. This will make your sanitizer thick but it’s optional. Tea Tree Oil:  Also known as melaleuca oil, this is one of the most powerful and safe antibacterials available. (Natural or otherwise.) There are other oils that have the same property but I  always  use tea tree. Why? Because it will heal MRSA and did so ...

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND MATERIALS NEEDED: macrame yarn (I use this one  HERE  and  HERE ) sharp scissors (I like using haircutting scissors) wood beads (I used these  HERE  and some slightly larger ones I had, I lied alternating slightly different sizes) hair comb (if you want to brush out the edges again) INSTRUCTIONS: I made another video which you can see below and you can also follow my step-by-step instructions as described with the photos:   For my garland, I used 23 wooden beads threaded on a 10-foot piece of macrame cord. I wanted it to belong so I could possibly use it on a Christmas tree shortly. For my length of garland, you need to knot 22 small pieces of macrame altogether. And when you make one piece of macrame in-between the above wood beads you need to cut 6 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn which you then have to repeat 22 times or however long you want your garland. I had to cut 132 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn strings. Does that make ...

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas  Supplies: Paper mache letters spelling “BEACH” Mod Podge Satin Scrapbook paper or printed paper Acrylic paint  in cream Bag of seashells Hot glue gun Paintbrush Pencil Scissors Craft knife  and mat Brayer (optional) Tutorial : I found a cool paper pattern online and printed five sheets for “BEACH.” Place each letter face down on the back of the paper (not on the patterned side) and trace with a pencil. Any themed scrapbook paper works as well. Cut out each letter with the scissors – trimming out any small areas with the  craft knife  and mat. Set your paper cutouts aside.  Paint each letter with several coats of  acrylic paint . Use a light color such as a cream or a white (whatever light color coordinates with your paper pattern). Let dry.  Working one letter at a time, paint a medium layer of  Mod Podge  on the top of the letter. Make sure to coat the whole thing.  Place your paper c...