Langsung ke konten utama

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now Constructing a reading nook doesn’t have to be hard. Sometimes all you need is lots of pillows and a little unused space. Reading nooks are also a great way to use dead, unused, or awkward space within a home. Nooks can help maximize living space and provide additional seating, along with providing a personal sanctuary. With these four easy DIY reading nook projects, it won’t be long before you find yourself dreaming of getting lost in a good book. 1. Make Use of Dead Space with a Corner Bench Do you have a dead corner in your house that’s just…there? A great remedy for that empty space is a corner bench. Creating an L-shaped bench will maximize your space. Not only will it provide additional seating, but it can also become storage. Create this bench with bookshelves, cushions, and pillows for the ultimate reading nook space. When the bookshelves are placed together, you can then determine what size cushion you will need to go on ...

DIY Beauty - Paper Earrings

DIY Beauty - Paper Earrings


Make some seashell cross section paper earrings - they're more affordable than purchasing them online and you won't have to worry they'll break easily!


Supplies:

seashell-cross-section-paper-earrings-5

Step 1. I drew a sketch of a seashell cross-section on Adobe Illustrator and transferred them to my Silhouette program to cut them out. You can draw your own, or download the shell template I have made.

Since I was using cardstock, I cut about 7 pieces of ‘shells’ for each earring, each measuring about 2.5″ in height. You can definitely make them bigger or smaller – I just prefer them bigger.

seashell-cross-section-paper-earrings-11

Step 2. For a perfect cut, you may want to double-cut your pieces as they are somewhat detailed.

seashell-cross-section-paper-earrings-10

Step 3. Using a foam brush or pouncer, use Mod Podge to adhere to your ‘shell’ layers together. You will want to add the back layer and front layer last. The Mod Podge Silicone Craft Mat actually helps with this step as your shell pieces won’t adhere to the surface if you are using the mat.

seashell-cross-section-paper-earrings-9

Step 4. Wipe off the excess glue in the nooks and crannies of your shell piece using a thin object such as a sewing needle, pin, or even a safety pin.

seashell-cross-section-paper-earrings-8

This will how thick it will be after 7 layers of cardstock – I’d say it’s pretty sturdy after this point! Make sure to sandwich your pieces between two big books while it’s trying to encourage flattening of the pieces.

seashell-cross-section-paper-earrings-2

Step 5. Now it’s time to paint your earrings – I really have a strong preference for metallic colors, so I used liquid gilding to color them.

I used brass at first but switched to copper after one coat. Coat them with Mod Podge Hard Coat or a spray-on the sealer to seal and strengthen them.

seashell-cross-section-paper-earrings-1

Step 6. Now make some pearl links – thread one pearl bead onto an eye pin, cut off the excess wire and loop the end to secure the bead on the eye pin.

Make some seashell cross section paper earrings - they're more affordable than purchasing them online and you won't have to worry they'll break easily!

Step 7. Attach your pearl link using a jump ring on the circle on top of the shell.

Make some seashell cross section paper earrings - they're more affordable than purchasing them online and you won't have to worry they'll break easily!

Step 8. Finally, attach your pearl link to the earring hook, and you are done!

Make some seashell cross section paper earrings - they're more affordable than purchasing them online and you won't have to worry they'll break easily!
Make some seashell cross section paper earrings - they're more affordable than purchasing them online and you won't have to worry they'll break easily!
Source from here

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol DIY Hand Sanitizer Supplies 100%  Aloe Vera Gel   Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca oil)    Plant Therapy Brand   $7  10ml  (use approx. 8 to 10 drops per 8 oz )   Doterra Brand  15ml  $20 (use approx. 1-3 drops per 8 oz ) Distilled Water Plastic container of choice Printable labels below & wide clear packing tape (optional) Ingredient Option Details Aloe Vera Gel:  The Aloe Vera plant is wonderful for using in hand sanitizer because of its powerful antioxidant and antibacterial benefits. Plus it’s great for the skin and is also widely used or healing burns. This will make your sanitizer thick but it’s optional. Tea Tree Oil:  Also known as melaleuca oil, this is one of the most powerful and safe antibacterials available. (Natural or otherwise.) There are other oils that have the same property but I  always  use tea tree. Why? Because it will heal MRSA and did so ...

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND MATERIALS NEEDED: macrame yarn (I use this one  HERE  and  HERE ) sharp scissors (I like using haircutting scissors) wood beads (I used these  HERE  and some slightly larger ones I had, I lied alternating slightly different sizes) hair comb (if you want to brush out the edges again) INSTRUCTIONS: I made another video which you can see below and you can also follow my step-by-step instructions as described with the photos:   For my garland, I used 23 wooden beads threaded on a 10-foot piece of macrame cord. I wanted it to belong so I could possibly use it on a Christmas tree shortly. For my length of garland, you need to knot 22 small pieces of macrame altogether. And when you make one piece of macrame in-between the above wood beads you need to cut 6 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn which you then have to repeat 22 times or however long you want your garland. I had to cut 132 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn strings. Does that make ...

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas  Supplies: Paper mache letters spelling “BEACH” Mod Podge Satin Scrapbook paper or printed paper Acrylic paint  in cream Bag of seashells Hot glue gun Paintbrush Pencil Scissors Craft knife  and mat Brayer (optional) Tutorial : I found a cool paper pattern online and printed five sheets for “BEACH.” Place each letter face down on the back of the paper (not on the patterned side) and trace with a pencil. Any themed scrapbook paper works as well. Cut out each letter with the scissors – trimming out any small areas with the  craft knife  and mat. Set your paper cutouts aside.  Paint each letter with several coats of  acrylic paint . Use a light color such as a cream or a white (whatever light color coordinates with your paper pattern). Let dry.  Working one letter at a time, paint a medium layer of  Mod Podge  on the top of the letter. Make sure to coat the whole thing.  Place your paper c...