Langsung ke konten utama

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now Constructing a reading nook doesn’t have to be hard. Sometimes all you need is lots of pillows and a little unused space. Reading nooks are also a great way to use dead, unused, or awkward space within a home. Nooks can help maximize living space and provide additional seating, along with providing a personal sanctuary. With these four easy DIY reading nook projects, it won’t be long before you find yourself dreaming of getting lost in a good book. 1. Make Use of Dead Space with a Corner Bench Do you have a dead corner in your house that’s just…there? A great remedy for that empty space is a corner bench. Creating an L-shaped bench will maximize your space. Not only will it provide additional seating, but it can also become storage. Create this bench with bookshelves, cushions, and pillows for the ultimate reading nook space. When the bookshelves are placed together, you can then determine what size cushion you will need to go on ...

DIY Pebble & Succulent Wreath

DIY Pebble & Succulent Wreath

How to make a pebble and faux succulent wreath



let’s make it, m’kay?

How to make a pebble and faux succulent wreath

First you need a wreath form. The larger, the better (mine is a 16 inch.) You need the bumpy, rough texture to hold the grout later, and the flat back works great for this project. However, it is kind of boxy, and you need to round it a bit with a serrated knife to round it up a bit for this wreath project.

After you have the form shaped and ready, it’s time to rock on. I used smooth pebbles from the dollar store, and it took 5 bags for this project. Hot glue them on, fitting them together as best you can. It takes quite a while to cover it, but rock out the whole front of the wreath.

How to make a pebble and faux succulent wreath

After you have the whole wreath rocked, put some cut up straws (or something) in a few of the places kind of close together where you want the faux succulents to go. Next, grout it up. I used pre-mixed grout in white, slathering it on with my hands because honestly it was the easiest way to get it in all the nooks and crannies of the rocks.

Now you’ll need to channel all the patience you can muster to clean all the excess grout off of the rocks – and it takes a while. I used a sponge to clean it all off, just like tile. It takes a long time, but it’s totally worth it. Once all clean, let the grout dry for about 48 hours. The tub says 24, but mine needed longer due to the size of the spaces between the rocks. When it’s all dry, put your succulents in place, then hang it up!

How to make a pebble and faux succulent wreath

If you look very carefully you can see the screw that the wreath is hanging from on the inside of the top rim. I tried a few different ways, but this way works the best, so I went with it.

Last, just enjoy your Pebble & Faux Succulent Wreath – you’ve earned it! It’s a lot of work, but totally worth it for a wreath that will last a long, long time.

Source from here

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol DIY Hand Sanitizer Supplies 100%  Aloe Vera Gel   Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca oil)    Plant Therapy Brand   $7  10ml  (use approx. 8 to 10 drops per 8 oz )   Doterra Brand  15ml  $20 (use approx. 1-3 drops per 8 oz ) Distilled Water Plastic container of choice Printable labels below & wide clear packing tape (optional) Ingredient Option Details Aloe Vera Gel:  The Aloe Vera plant is wonderful for using in hand sanitizer because of its powerful antioxidant and antibacterial benefits. Plus it’s great for the skin and is also widely used or healing burns. This will make your sanitizer thick but it’s optional. Tea Tree Oil:  Also known as melaleuca oil, this is one of the most powerful and safe antibacterials available. (Natural or otherwise.) There are other oils that have the same property but I  always  use tea tree. Why? Because it will heal MRSA and did so ...

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND MATERIALS NEEDED: macrame yarn (I use this one  HERE  and  HERE ) sharp scissors (I like using haircutting scissors) wood beads (I used these  HERE  and some slightly larger ones I had, I lied alternating slightly different sizes) hair comb (if you want to brush out the edges again) INSTRUCTIONS: I made another video which you can see below and you can also follow my step-by-step instructions as described with the photos:   For my garland, I used 23 wooden beads threaded on a 10-foot piece of macrame cord. I wanted it to belong so I could possibly use it on a Christmas tree shortly. For my length of garland, you need to knot 22 small pieces of macrame altogether. And when you make one piece of macrame in-between the above wood beads you need to cut 6 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn which you then have to repeat 22 times or however long you want your garland. I had to cut 132 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn strings. Does that make ...

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas  Supplies: Paper mache letters spelling “BEACH” Mod Podge Satin Scrapbook paper or printed paper Acrylic paint  in cream Bag of seashells Hot glue gun Paintbrush Pencil Scissors Craft knife  and mat Brayer (optional) Tutorial : I found a cool paper pattern online and printed five sheets for “BEACH.” Place each letter face down on the back of the paper (not on the patterned side) and trace with a pencil. Any themed scrapbook paper works as well. Cut out each letter with the scissors – trimming out any small areas with the  craft knife  and mat. Set your paper cutouts aside.  Paint each letter with several coats of  acrylic paint . Use a light color such as a cream or a white (whatever light color coordinates with your paper pattern). Let dry.  Working one letter at a time, paint a medium layer of  Mod Podge  on the top of the letter. Make sure to coat the whole thing.  Place your paper c...