Langsung ke konten utama

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now Constructing a reading nook doesn’t have to be hard. Sometimes all you need is lots of pillows and a little unused space. Reading nooks are also a great way to use dead, unused, or awkward space within a home. Nooks can help maximize living space and provide additional seating, along with providing a personal sanctuary. With these four easy DIY reading nook projects, it won’t be long before you find yourself dreaming of getting lost in a good book. 1. Make Use of Dead Space with a Corner Bench Do you have a dead corner in your house that’s just…there? A great remedy for that empty space is a corner bench. Creating an L-shaped bench will maximize your space. Not only will it provide additional seating, but it can also become storage. Create this bench with bookshelves, cushions, and pillows for the ultimate reading nook space. When the bookshelves are placed together, you can then determine what size cushion you will need to go on ...

DIY: RUSTIC LETTERS WITH FLOWERS

DIY: RUSTIC LETTERS WITH FLOWERS


Gorgeous DIY Rustic Letter with Flowers! Easy DIY project that will brighten up any room!


SUPPLIES AND MATERIALS TO MAKE RUSTIC LETTERS WITH FLOWERS:

 

  • Carved Wood Letters 8″
  • Floral Stems (colors to match your decor). I used 3 different floral bushes – coral, pink and cream.
  • Artificial Lambs Ear – greenery to add a little contrast to the flowers
  • Glue gun – glue sticks
  • Scissors

IMG_2329

I was couch crafting while I added the flowers to the wood letters. I pulled the flower head of the floral bush and cut off the stem. Sometimes I left the green stem holder on and sometimes I removed it. Dab quite a bit of hot glue onto the back of the flower. If the stem was removed (there is nothing left to hold the flower together) so I would then hot glue the layers of the petals together.

Gorgeous DIY Rustic Letter with Flowers! Easy DIY project that will brighten up any room!

I purchased wood plaques at Michaels to see if I want to hand the plaques behind the letters. I do like the look but until I get the craft room wall painted I’m not sure which look I’ll be going after.

 

Gorgeous DIY Rustic Letter with Flowers! Easy DIY project that will brighten up any room!

The background on some of these images is my wood floors. I LOVE my floors. They are a French Oak – brown and gray in color.

IMG_2405

The collection  is Made by Me, A to Z and it’s all about personalization. There are so many styles, colors and finishes to choose from! It’s Rustic, Modern, with all different types of materials – wood, resin, metal, etc.

IMG_2406

This is the look of the letters on a black background. I might just hang these letters on the black chalkboard wall. We’ll have to wait and see.

IMG_2364

Source from here

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol DIY Hand Sanitizer Supplies 100%  Aloe Vera Gel   Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca oil)    Plant Therapy Brand   $7  10ml  (use approx. 8 to 10 drops per 8 oz )   Doterra Brand  15ml  $20 (use approx. 1-3 drops per 8 oz ) Distilled Water Plastic container of choice Printable labels below & wide clear packing tape (optional) Ingredient Option Details Aloe Vera Gel:  The Aloe Vera plant is wonderful for using in hand sanitizer because of its powerful antioxidant and antibacterial benefits. Plus it’s great for the skin and is also widely used or healing burns. This will make your sanitizer thick but it’s optional. Tea Tree Oil:  Also known as melaleuca oil, this is one of the most powerful and safe antibacterials available. (Natural or otherwise.) There are other oils that have the same property but I  always  use tea tree. Why? Because it will heal MRSA and did so ...

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND MATERIALS NEEDED: macrame yarn (I use this one  HERE  and  HERE ) sharp scissors (I like using haircutting scissors) wood beads (I used these  HERE  and some slightly larger ones I had, I lied alternating slightly different sizes) hair comb (if you want to brush out the edges again) INSTRUCTIONS: I made another video which you can see below and you can also follow my step-by-step instructions as described with the photos:   For my garland, I used 23 wooden beads threaded on a 10-foot piece of macrame cord. I wanted it to belong so I could possibly use it on a Christmas tree shortly. For my length of garland, you need to knot 22 small pieces of macrame altogether. And when you make one piece of macrame in-between the above wood beads you need to cut 6 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn which you then have to repeat 22 times or however long you want your garland. I had to cut 132 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn strings. Does that make ...

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas  Supplies: Paper mache letters spelling “BEACH” Mod Podge Satin Scrapbook paper or printed paper Acrylic paint  in cream Bag of seashells Hot glue gun Paintbrush Pencil Scissors Craft knife  and mat Brayer (optional) Tutorial : I found a cool paper pattern online and printed five sheets for “BEACH.” Place each letter face down on the back of the paper (not on the patterned side) and trace with a pencil. Any themed scrapbook paper works as well. Cut out each letter with the scissors – trimming out any small areas with the  craft knife  and mat. Set your paper cutouts aside.  Paint each letter with several coats of  acrylic paint . Use a light color such as a cream or a white (whatever light color coordinates with your paper pattern). Let dry.  Working one letter at a time, paint a medium layer of  Mod Podge  on the top of the letter. Make sure to coat the whole thing.  Place your paper c...