Langsung ke konten utama

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now

4 Cozy Reading Nooks You’ll Want in Your Home Right Now Constructing a reading nook doesn’t have to be hard. Sometimes all you need is lots of pillows and a little unused space. Reading nooks are also a great way to use dead, unused, or awkward space within a home. Nooks can help maximize living space and provide additional seating, along with providing a personal sanctuary. With these four easy DIY reading nook projects, it won’t be long before you find yourself dreaming of getting lost in a good book. 1. Make Use of Dead Space with a Corner Bench Do you have a dead corner in your house that’s just…there? A great remedy for that empty space is a corner bench. Creating an L-shaped bench will maximize your space. Not only will it provide additional seating, but it can also become storage. Create this bench with bookshelves, cushions, and pillows for the ultimate reading nook space. When the bookshelves are placed together, you can then determine what size cushion you will need to go on ...

How to Make DIY Dollhouse Plants with Beads and Greenery

How to Make DIY Dollhouse Plants with Beads and Greenery

Dollhouse bathroom. Dollhouse DIY. Watch as this vintage wooden Victorian dollhouse gets a modern makevoer on the interiors. Ideas for where to buy super affordable minatures furniture and accessories and products. Tutorials for installing wallpaper. Plus how to make yourr own plants. Ideas for how to install tile floors. Pink tub and cabinet. Porcelain sink

MATERIALS

  • beads
  • greenery
  • hot glue gun

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Buy wood beads and greenery. Make sure you choose greenery that will look good cut down and works with the dollhouse scale.
  2. Paint the bead in the color of choice
  3. But the greenery into small pieces.
  4. Use a glue gun to adhere the greenery to the bead.

    And there you have your own dollhouse plant!



Dollhouse bathroom. Dollhouse DIY. Watch as this vintage wooden Victorian dollhouse gets a modern makevoer on the interiors. Ideas for where to buy super affordable minatures furniture and accessories and products. Tutorials for installing wallpaper. Plus how to make yourr own plants. Ideas for how to install tile floors. Pink tub and cabinet. Porcelain sink
To make the frames, I again, took a screen shot of the art from my bathroom. I resized it and got
 it printed on card stock. Then I used an exact knife and chair molding to cut pieces of the frame. I glued everything together and finished them with caulk and paint.Dollhouse bathroom. Dollhouse DIY. Watch as this vintage wooden Victorian dollhouse gets a modern makevoer on the interiors. Ideas for where to buy super affordable minatures furniture and accessories and products. Tutorials for installing wallpaper. Plus how to make yourr own plants. Ideas for how to install tile floors. Pink tub and cabinet. Porcelain sink

For the hanging plant, I bought a plant with a wire hanger. I used embroidery string and wrapped them around the wire to make it look like the hangers from my bathroom. I finished with pink string wrapped around the tail.

Next, I made a hook with floral wire and used a piece of baseboard and a bunch of glue to adhere the wire hook to the window ceiling. I painted everything white so it disappeared.

Dollhouse bathroom. Dollhouse DIY. Watch as this vintage wooden Victorian dollhouse gets a modern makevoer on the interiors. Ideas for where to buy super affordable minatures furniture and accessories and products. Tutorials for installing wallpaper. Plus how to make yourr own plants. Ideas for how to install tile floors. Pink tub and cabinet. Porcelain sink

While I was using my heat gun to take down the wallpaper, I accidentally melted one of my windows. I was so bummed! To fix it, I used plastic from a box I’d bought and cut it to size. Then, I used a white gel pen to draw the mullions on the window. And now you can’t tell which window is the replacement!

Can you tell how much work this room was?! I throughly enjoyed making it though!

Source from here

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol

DIY Hand Sanitizer - Natural withour Alcohol DIY Hand Sanitizer Supplies 100%  Aloe Vera Gel   Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca oil)    Plant Therapy Brand   $7  10ml  (use approx. 8 to 10 drops per 8 oz )   Doterra Brand  15ml  $20 (use approx. 1-3 drops per 8 oz ) Distilled Water Plastic container of choice Printable labels below & wide clear packing tape (optional) Ingredient Option Details Aloe Vera Gel:  The Aloe Vera plant is wonderful for using in hand sanitizer because of its powerful antioxidant and antibacterial benefits. Plus it’s great for the skin and is also widely used or healing burns. This will make your sanitizer thick but it’s optional. Tea Tree Oil:  Also known as melaleuca oil, this is one of the most powerful and safe antibacterials available. (Natural or otherwise.) There are other oils that have the same property but I  always  use tea tree. Why? Because it will heal MRSA and did so ...

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND

DIY BEGINNER MACRAME GARLAND MATERIALS NEEDED: macrame yarn (I use this one  HERE  and  HERE ) sharp scissors (I like using haircutting scissors) wood beads (I used these  HERE  and some slightly larger ones I had, I lied alternating slightly different sizes) hair comb (if you want to brush out the edges again) INSTRUCTIONS: I made another video which you can see below and you can also follow my step-by-step instructions as described with the photos:   For my garland, I used 23 wooden beads threaded on a 10-foot piece of macrame cord. I wanted it to belong so I could possibly use it on a Christmas tree shortly. For my length of garland, you need to knot 22 small pieces of macrame altogether. And when you make one piece of macrame in-between the above wood beads you need to cut 6 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn which you then have to repeat 22 times or however long you want your garland. I had to cut 132 pieces of 40-inch macrame yarn strings. Does that make ...

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas

DIY Home Decor - Letters for Summer Ideas  Supplies: Paper mache letters spelling “BEACH” Mod Podge Satin Scrapbook paper or printed paper Acrylic paint  in cream Bag of seashells Hot glue gun Paintbrush Pencil Scissors Craft knife  and mat Brayer (optional) Tutorial : I found a cool paper pattern online and printed five sheets for “BEACH.” Place each letter face down on the back of the paper (not on the patterned side) and trace with a pencil. Any themed scrapbook paper works as well. Cut out each letter with the scissors – trimming out any small areas with the  craft knife  and mat. Set your paper cutouts aside.  Paint each letter with several coats of  acrylic paint . Use a light color such as a cream or a white (whatever light color coordinates with your paper pattern). Let dry.  Working one letter at a time, paint a medium layer of  Mod Podge  on the top of the letter. Make sure to coat the whole thing.  Place your paper c...